Packing Tips for a Weekend Summer Getaway
One of the best things about summer is, of course, when you get to take a little weekend getaway. Whether a short drive or a quick flight, even just two days off for a little fun in the sun is totally necessary this time of year.
When you get ready for a quick trip like this, you don't want to stress about anything at all, especially when it comes to packing. And, let's be honest, packing is typically stressful. So, we've pulled together some of our favorite tips when it comes to packing for a weekend summer getaway.
- Pack in a weekender bag, not a duffle or large suitcase. The last thing you want is to be carrying around large bags and having to roll around a big suitcase when you're just going away for a quick trip.
- Only pack two pairs of shoes: one pair that goes for the beach/pool and daytime, such as Tkees flip flops, and one a tad nicer, such as wedges, for night time.
- Lightweight fabrics and articles of clothing should be your best friend. There is no need to pack heavy fabrics because, for starters, it's summer, and secondly, lightweight clothing pack much more easily.
- Wear your heaviest articles of clothing (and a hat if you're packing one) on the airplane or in the car.
- Make sure to use tissue or plastic hanging bags to wrap anything that could wrinkle, and fold and lay flat in bag.
- Put all liquids into small, travel size containers rather than bringing the big containers they come in.
- Don't overpack. Check the weather, plan your outfits accordingly, and remember you're just going away for a couple, carefree days!
Have a great getaway!